Pages

Monday, January 06, 2014

Day 5 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - Abstract Art

Well, here we are, still officially awake on day five, but already into day six. Does it really matter?  I think not. Today's personal challenge is "abstract art."  I'm not good at letting myself go outside the lines, or at least my own lines. I find that I am too precise in most of my creative endeavors, which is why I created this personal challenge within a challenge. 

In looking at this completed painting, I feel I am still too precise. This didn't turn out how I envisioned it. I feel I need to loosen up and spread out a bit. I tried. I do like the composition and the way I mixed my colors. I just don't want obvious dots of color. I wanted to be a bit more splotchy about it. I even felt funny splattering some fine misty paint. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? 

Anyway, here it is. Finished. And I will keep moving on.




Click here to purchase: PASTILLE 12 x 16" $125 


No comments: