Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Another painting for the challenge: Moirai

Here is another piece for the painting challenge. I feel a lot better since I made the decision not to pump out a painting a day. It just isn't me, and there is no way I can do my best work in a day. I have done two paintings in four days though; both rather small, but I am happy with them. 


I will post one tonight. The other one is for the Nibblefest contest, and I just finished it so I  have to photograph it tomorrow in daylight. For now, here is "Moirai," a 12 x 12" painting on canvas, with paint chips and paper collaged on.  

The choice to use the word "Moirai" as the title has nothing to do with Greek Mythology; I simply wanted a pretty word that meant the same thing as "fate." 

The painting shows a tornado in the background spinning and scattering debris, with a rather oblivious woman, apparently surveying the scattered pieces. Three vapor trails can be seen in the sky, heading to, or maybe away from, the tornado, but the viewer has no idea which. Yes, this is a rather dark piece, but this is the sort of thing that comes out of my head.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this one!!! Good luck

Shawn Marie said...

Thank you, Dawn!